Vortex Applications Notes

> I now have a computer at home.  I'm very tempted to convert this document
> to HTML and then submit it here (or at my web site) so all of you with
> Vortex units can try the things that Lexicon suggests is possible.
> If interested, let me know.

are you kidding? of *course* we're interested!! :-)
(I hope submitting it here won't raise any difficult copyright questions.)

I still have problems with the Vortex - the few really interesting and
useful sounds I got out of it I found by blind trial and error, which is a
very tiresome method because most of the time the sounds aren't very
interesting (they sound to me like just another chorus/echo combination).
I still don't *understand* how it works. (This is largely due to lack time
plus my laziness which keep me from wading through the algorithm
descriptions.)

Getting a few more concrete ideas might help to really get a grip on it.
I still believe there is much more in there than it seems.

-Michael