Re: implied rhythms

> I maybe must say something of little respect: Its time to go way beyond
> Fripp in terms of looping! I said that to himself, too: A part of a long
> letter I wrote over a year ago was:
>
> ...until I found the Soundscapes CD at the beginning of this year.
> Listening to it, I felt the desire to contact you: I learned so much
>about
> guitar playing and music from you, mainly in the 70's, and I am still a
> rather limited musician. But now, I have developed the looping way of
> playing to a degree, where I could teach you something, too - about the
> technology of the machine and its musical applications.
>
> He never answered. Maybe I was not delicate enough or did not understand
> his record. Or he and his disciples stick to what has been found, just
>the
> same way as many stick to Strat-Marsh music as developped by Hendrix...

He was probably offended by the "I could teach you something" part. I've
seen this happen in the taijiquan (martial art) community with instructors
who think they know everything there is to know and greet any notion
that there is still a thing or two to learn with affrontery and denial.

I'm hardly a bigshot but you folks on this list have really opened my
eyes about making music with loops.

Paolo Valladolid