RE: Fripp Equipment -- Circa now

>>>----------

synth pickup.<<<

Is the sustain pickup, Micheal Brook's infinite guitar system?  I read
in guitar player that Brook was keeping the details secret so
as to release it as a product.  Has he done that or just gave one to
Fripp?

>    Now, here comes the sad part.  He replaced the gr300 with the newer
>gr1 synthesiser.  This may not seem like a big deal, but it has
>completely changed the way his soundscapes sound.  The
>soon-to-be-released Gates Of Paradise cd sounds like a Windham Hill
>release.  I, personally, love the way his soundscapes sounded, the
>digitally effected analogue synth being a crucial part of that.  I'm a
>keyboard player, and know a lot about sysnthesis, and I really hate the
>way the gr1 sounds.  I here Fripp just got a vg8, which I love.  The
>vg8 is the coolest guitar thing Roland has done since the gr300.<

      I think I remember reading that Belew has switched also
     His old Roland was dropped by Baggage handlers (Actually
his whole rack, the Roland didn't survive.)

merry looping
John