Paradis Loop Delay vs. Echoplex

hi Matthias,

A friend of mine has managed to dig up a couple of Echoplexes - they're
very
hard to find here in Germany (the supply has stopped because they don't
have one
of these "CE" stamps on them which are required in the European union).

I can't afford to buy one at the moment but I have one here to test for a
couple
of days. I played with it for an hour or two and at first glance, there
are few
Echoplex features which weren't in the old Paradis Loop Delay - the great
reverse effect, of course, and the multiple loops are new. Probably also a
number of MIDI and sync improvements which I don't need as long as I use
it for
real-time improvisation loops.

What do you think are the most important differences between the two boxes?

I own two Paradis Loop Delays now and I'm quite happy with them. Should I
bother
trying to sell them (which won't be easy, and I won't get a lot of money
for
them because nobody knows them) and buy an Echoplex instead? I'm not sure
if
reverse and multiple loops are reason enough.

Also, I noticed that sometimes the reverse effect introduced clicks, but
I'm not
sure when. I seem to remember that this was mentioned on the list earlier
but I
don't remember what the answer was.

Michael Peters
private:        100041.247@compuserve.com