Re: The Memory Man is back

>>> --Andre wrote:
>> I'm not overly familiar with the Electro Harmonix Memory Man pedal, but
>> understand it to be similar to an Echoplex (the original stuff, not the
>> Oberheim bit) in design and function,
neato says:
actually the electro-harmonix has very little similarity to the original
echoplex...the original echoplex were all tape echo's...and the early
models were tube designs...the memory man was one of the first analog foot
type delay pedals (the mxr green box being another)..incidentally , there
were a number of different memory man models like economy, deluxe,deluxe
with chorus etc etc

>>  Doug Michael wrote:
>  Are you talking about the Electro Harmonix 16 second delay pedal? I've
>never heard of the memory man.

neato says:
no, the electro harmonix 16 second delay came out much later than the
memory man...it was initially advertised as "fripp in a box"...it was the
first single unit looper...later some ingenius folk began tweaking some
lexicon digital delays for increased delay time...then came jamman..the
rest is history....
cheers

                                     all my mistakes were once acts of
genius