Re: Starting again

> >All I have to add is that despite what Fripp says, I'm into music
> >because it's FUN, dammit, and when the time comes that music is no
>longer
> >fun for me, then I'm getting off that bus.
>
> You have to be careful with statements like that, because in all
> likelyhood, you will reach a time when music is no longer fun for you,
> and you may very well find that despite that, you don't want to get off
> the bus.  Variations on "hope I die before I get old" always come back

Sorry, but I sense a contradiction in the above paragraph.  Since
I am not required to make music for a living, I am at a loss to think
of a reason for making music when it is not an enjoyable experience.

> bite you.  The question is, how are you going to handle the absence of
> fun in making music?  A marriage isn't always fun, and if you expect it

Well, I have a day job.  My livelihood does not depend on making music.
There is no other driving force for me to make music other than
the passion for doing so.

Maybe this is not true for everyone, but then again, note that what
I have said applies specifically to me; I never presumed my statements
would
be true for everybody.

Paolo Valladolid