Re: Feedback, Mercedes and Boogie for Beginners

Kim Flint:
>"The way the amp is designed and voiced have a lot to do with the
>resulting
>guitar feedback. Boogies sing like there's no tomorrow, (I've heard lots
>of
>good stuff about the subway blues) but most amps don't.

Anybody know of any others that do?  (I know the Rivera R55 and Fender
Super 60 will)

Travis:
>While we're on the subject of feedback at low levels, I just picked up a
>Boogie Subway Rocket this weekend, and I'm tremendously pleased with it.
>I've used a bunch of Boogie stuff over the years, but the Subway Rocket
>allows you to get all the dynamic wonder of tubes at a quieter volume.  I
>can't speak too highly of this $500, 20watt, three mode wonder.

So does it provide low-gain, low-vol feedback, even without reverb?
(Incidentally, over here it costs $1000....)

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb