Re: Newlooper

At 11:27 AM -0400 6/2/97, Curtis Bahn wrote:
>I also play string-bass and use various looping toys. I love the features
>of my Echoplex BUT there is a input gate which is a problem with bowed
>tones.
>It doesn't pick up the softer sounds, and then clicks on in the middle of
>stroke.  Maybe this will be fixed with a software update I don't know.

upcoming software updates will address this problem.

>Maybe
>try out a Boomerang, I find it the most useful (compared my Jam Man, and
>
>Echoplex) in simple "jazz trio" settings, it plugs into your amp and acts
>like a stomp box.  It handles the bow just fine

You may want to consider that bowed strings have a very wide frequency
bandwidth. (I've measured them going well beyond human hearing range,
actually) The Boomerang's bandwidth is quite a bit lower than most other
delay units, but you should give it a try to see whether that's a problem
for you or not.

kim