Re: Newlooper

If you're playing through a bass amp the signal is already pretty
"low-passed." Besides, if you use a bridge pick-up, (underwood, wilson,
barbera etc. ) most high frequencies in amplified bowed bass sounds are
artifacts of the pick-up (and are pretty obnoxious). This is less true
with
small mic. pick-ups that would get some of the resonation of the "box." I
have an EQ setting that rolls off the highs when I bow anyway.

Don't get me wrong, the echoplex works GREAT for everything but the bow.
If the input gate setting becomes an option in an update Im sure this
would
be fine too.

I agree that the 'rang is not the choice for high-quality studio recording
or if you are using a really full-range amplification system. Then maybe
get
the 'plex and try to compress the signal a bit before the input.

Or, get them all and use the one that works best at the moment for what
you want...

good luck,
Curtis
crb@music.princeton.edu