Symetrix 606

Indeed, the spec sheet for the 606 looks very interesting (available on
their web-site at symetrixaudio.com), basically like a MIDIfied, more
tweakable, programmable Vortex.  Only 2.6 seconds of delay on each of the
two delay lines at low-res (16-bit), 1.3 at high-res (24-bit).  Many more
features than the beloved Vortex (and no wall-wart), and surprise,
surprise, it lists for $649.  I called Symetrix, and although the manual
isn't available on-line, they agreed to mail me a copy, which I'll report
on once I've received and digested.  It looks like a groovy piece of
gear, with a proportional price-tag.  How much support it will receive
from the looping community at three times the going rate for Vortex (what
did we decide the plural form of "Vortex" was?  Vortices?) remains to be
seen, but I'm very interested based on first impressions.

Travis Hartnett