Re: Symetrix 606

Spoke with Steve Kawasaki at Symetrix (800-288-8855x279), who was very
friendly, but, regrettably, said that there was NO 707 project underway,
and
that the engineers who had heard of our list's rumors were kinda baffled by
them. He did tell me some interesting things about the 606, and encouraged
us
(anyone) to call with comments/questions/queries...."Obviously, we want to
make boxes that people want!" He seemed quite conscious of the
less-than-stellar sales of current looping tools, and ventured that the 606
wasn't at all intended for that purpose.
...but. It does have:
 6 sweepable filter types including one (some?) with sharp resonant peaks;
 an envelope follower, assignable to any modulator;
 Stereo delays that can be linked in mono to provide twice the delay time;
 Modulation sources that are controlled as a group by the front-panel knob,
but separately via MIDI;
 a "room simulation" that "sounds really nice," but takes all the avail.
horsepower.
He offered to send me a block diagram when I asked about cross-feedback;
there's nothing as cool as the Vortex's dynamic ducking delays, but the
feedback can be set to infinite without freezing out further input.
Well, that's all I can remember; seems a pretty serious delay unit, but
not a
serious looper. Let's keep at 'em about that 707, say what?
dpc