Re: RE: Ambient effects -- something wild and crazy, please!

>Looking for something extreme in terms of signal processing? One
>suggestion
>and a favorite toy of mine is a Ring Modulator (in my case a old EH
>Frequency
>Analyzer).

Just this weekend I tried out the Boss Bass Synthesizer pedal (which was
going for about $225).  It's aimed at bassists, but you can get all sorts
of head-turning, room-clearing sound out of it.  I didn't have the
manual, but it had ten or so modes, a few were auto-wah, some were "vowel
sounds", the rest were marked "internal sound" or something similiar.  It
had a mix control, resonance, frequency, sensitivity controls.  I don't
know what they did technically, but I played around with it, just with a
guitar plugged into it and then into an amp, and I got all sorts of
bizzare shit out of it.  Particulary good if you play a chord and watch
it try to figure out what notes to play.  For instant "what the hell is
that?" impact, I don't think you can beat it.

Travis