Re: andy summers show...

ANdy...

>He opened up for Tangerine Dream during the Optical Race tour.  Amazing
>show.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleased.  I haven't kept up
>with anything he's done since though.

yeah - that WAS a great show!! and quite the surprise - he was added near
the start of the tour, it seemed....

i dunno, i've always liked the guy's sound - when you step back and really
survey his 30 (!) years of recorded output - it's remarkable - his voice is
intact thoughout, yes, even while picking up on the legato/holdsworth
edge..
anyway - i guess i like his personal style, sense of humor, both in the
music and in interviews, etc. As far as "getting better after the Police" -
listen again - remember, the police was POST - university/classical
training
for Andy, so....

give the "synesthasia" (sic) cd a listen - w/Ginger Baker - a very 20th
cent. modern music album at times - and the fripp/summers stuff is seminal.

but - i hear what you guys are saying, i'm just a little more of a sucker
for anything fusion-y - so - the combo of Andy's floaty chorus sound plus
thorny grooves does suck me in...

andre'