Re: Looper CD update / Offer for rare CDs

>>I offered to compile the DATs using ProTools and then dump everything to
>>master DAT.  Since I don't have the capability to burn CD-Rs, and given
>the
>>fact that Mr. Peck wants to edit the Looper CD, I can't be of any further
>>help.

CDR aside, CD printing currently runs at about 700UK for 500 CDs. I imagine
it's probably cheaper in the US (maybe $750/500 CDs?)  That way, 10
contributors could contribute $75 and get 50 copies.  This assumes 7
minutes per contributor, on average.

>Since its almost a year now, some people might have better material by now
>and  send them in as a CD? I made some effort then to do so.
>(Now I have my own cheap burner and must say it is very very handy!)
>
>Today (!) I started to sell a limited series of 50CDs, home made, with
>"perfect" lable and cover, numbered and signed, of a '95  recording
>("Musica AguArianA para pensar-se").

Buy this recording, people.  Trust me.
I may buy one myself - I've nearly worn my tape copy out!
BTW Matthias, wouldn't pensar-se and viajar both fit on one CD?

>I had a gig at night and sold the
>first and the guy did not mind to pay 25$. Should I ask more? (I mean: $
>for the CD :-)

Well, it's better selling at $25 to someone who's happy to pay it than at
$30 to someone who finds it too expensive.

>I could do that with all my old recordings. They are good and clean, but
>never will turn into a ordinary CD (because I am preparing to record the
>"real" one).
>The mix is done live, so it might not be all that perfect. But all "error"
>parts are cut out, usually inaudibly.
>There are duos with all kinds of instruments...

Woah!  Put me on the list for a copy NOW!!!!

>Anyone interested? These documents about the developpment of the first
>dedicated looping device might have a tremendous value in a few years...
>:-)

I imagine it would be strange for everybody with EDPs, thinking "this is
the music my Plex was made to make"...

Michael