Looping with sequencers..

does anyone use a sequencer for looping???? I do, and i'm wondering where
the line is, i mean, most of our delays are digital, too...hmmmm.

I just hit record (like kicking on one of my delays) on a roland msq100 or
700, play a live, usually spontaneous idea till i want..(end of loop) -
then i hit stop and play, then let the material loop once or
indefinitely....

is it looping??? i'd like to hear some thoughts on that, some
opinions...maybe i've missed it, but haven't heard of anyone using this
tool, sequencers have a bad name due to madonna and certain rush songs on
stage, etc