AW: Plex memory question

>For the echoplex, the max is four 4MB simms, for 16MB total. When
>the echoplex first came out that memory cost about $800 - $1000,
>now it's about $50-$70.

maybe this has been addressed somewhere before, but ...
I just upgraded the Echoplex that I bought a month ago - it had  4MB and I
put 16 in.

The memory was dirt cheap but I heard from several people now that the old
30-pin Simms are becoming rare, and that it is quite likely that it will be
very difficult to get them in a few months from now.

Does Oberheim still use the old Simms - and isn't it possible to change the
hardware to use the new ones?

michael peters                mpeters@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters.htm