Re: Lexicon

At 4:44 PM -0500 3/8/98, Todd Pafford wrote:
>Hm, I'm seeing an alarming trend here.  First the Jamman, then the Vortex,
>now the Reflex?  Is the Alex next (or has it already been dropped)?  Is
>Lexicon dropping it's 'low end' line all together?  It'd really be a loss
>to the community.  I think these units are the groovinest, coolest boxes
>I've ever layed ears on, especially for under $500.  I only got my Vortex
>a couple of months ago, but besides a small distortion and a wah, it's all
>I use now for signal processing, completly replaced my Digitech processor.
>What's up?  I'd hate to think we couldn't look forward to other affordable
>goodies from the great folks at Lexicon.

The alarming trend you are seeing is called Capitalism. Lexicon didn't have
much experience with low-cost consumer type products, and lost a lot of
bucks trying to get into that market. Naturally they wanted to stop losing
lots of bucks, so the stopped making those buck-losing products.

Of course, they have a very long and presumably profitable history making
high-quality professional gear, for which they have an impeccable
reputation. However, as numerous companies in every industry have
discovered, success at one end of the market rarely translates to success
at the other.

kim