Quantity vs Quality

Our Man Flint discussed the benefits of the latest secret-agent gear:

>The more expensive a band's gear is, the worse they are.

Damn, you're right!  I never before realised how good Green Day are till
you mentioned that...!

>turns out to be true surprisingly often. It's either the weekend warrior
>thing where they have a good day job, plenty of disposable income to buy
>toys, and no time to practice, kids with rich parents and no particular
>dedication to anything, or what we might call the
>"guy-with-small-penis-and-really-fast-sports-car" syndrome.

Now, who's going to own up to #3?  ;)  And bearing in mind your
I-could-trade-this-lot-for-a-new-car, klein+EDP+boogie+Rocktron setup,
where do you place yourself?

(btw I group myself in with type #1, but without the good pay)

Aren't we all a bit in trouble?  After all, EDPs and JamMen are hardly
basic in a John Lee Hooker kinda way..

Elsewhere, on Fripp:

>>  Perhaps his timing as a comedian is just off?
>He should keep his day job.  No threat to Seinfeld, that's for sure. :)

Isn't it on The Great Deceiver that he introduces himself to the audience
as "Chickles Fripp"?

Michael

...whose pared-down setup of guitar, Peavey amp, JamMan and three Boss/Dod
pedals should not be taken as an indication of purity - merely poverty!