Crisis!!!!!!

   Hi friends , I`ve got a major crisis on my hands. I`m gonna come right
out
and say it:

I`ve begun to get doubts about looping.................and I need some
reassuring.

The thing is , when I loop it doesn`t seem to go anywhere. I always get
stuck in
the same tracks and the music sounds  like.........looping. Sometimes my
Jamman
can feel like a limitation , rather than a new colour on my (somewhat
limited) canvas.

At this point I feel like taking a break from the whole looping world and
just plug straight
in. There is nothing wrong with this , of course , a clean sound is often
the bast way to
go. This is proven over and over again by players who doesnt care about
effects. So this
doesnt worry me; I dont see it as a problem to want to plug straight in
the amp.

BUT:  It worries me that what started out like a dream with endless
posibilities ended
SO QUICKLY.  I had a ball with it ,  played in different musical
situations and HAD FUN.
And now it suddenly feels so alien. Like a third arm or something.

Have any of you gone through something similar??  If so , how did u get
through it??

I must add that I`m not the type of person that jump on everything and get
bored with it after
a short while. I`m usually quite patient and persistent.

I`ve had a very busy schedule for the last couple of months and worked
very hard. Now I`m starting to feel tired and I`m looking forward to the
Easter Holiday.  Maybe this is the answer?
Maybe It`s just  fatigue  and my looping energy will return after the
holiday???

I hope so.

Yours , Thomas w

Oslo , norway