RE: THE TOP 5!

In no particular order

Eno/Fripp "Evening Star" - beautifully hypnotic, perfect for curing
headaches.
David Torn "Tripping over God" -- David always amazes me, I dig all his
stuff.
Robert Fripp "A Blessing of Tears" -- Fripp's best loops IMHO
Michael Brook "Cobalt Blue" -- also check out the live versions on
"Live at the Aquarium" (if you can find it)
Daniel Lanois "Sling Blade" soundtrack -- only 3 or 4 songs have loops
but this is good stuff

If I had to pick one influence on my looping it would be Eno, but all
these guys
have opened my ears and mind to the possibilities of looping.

I did not mention the g-word once.

later
John