Re: MIDI Looping Control

> No one responded to this when I posted it a while back but it was on a
> different thread. Maybe one of you can help me?
> Is it possible to convert MIDI note messages from a MIDI device (drum
> pads) to MIDI program change messages for the Jamman?

I believe the software known as Max (distributed by Opcode for the
Macintosh
and, I think, IRCAM (the Paris-based music research facility) for NeXT and
SGI) may be able to do this.  However you will need a computer (Macintosh,
NeXT, or SGI).  For live gigs, folks have successfully used Mac Powerbooks
to run Max.

Cheers,
Paolo