MIDI-controllable FX

In a message dated 5/8/98 9:13:48 AM, Sean wrote:

>As far as a real-time, MIDI-controllable
>effects unit, I suggest looking at Ensoniq's line of FX, like the DP
>series (snip)
I've been very pleased with the modulation options of the DP/Pro (not many
sources or destinations possible, but DEEP parameter lists and far-out
ranges), but find the Dp-2 quite glitchy and potentially noisy when
(particularly gain-related) parameters are modulated. The most versatile
unit
I've seen for modulation via MIDI or otherwise is the tc G-Force, which
allows
over 20 mod destinations per patch and has many cool source options
including
dynamics, ASDRs, LFOs, ext pedals and all MIDI of course, plus very graphic
and intuitive set-up menus. Their FireworX (which is built on the same
basic
OS as the G-F) appears to be even more comprehensive, with modulatable
modulators, and even a little mod sequencer. The Lexicon MPX-1 only allows
5
destinations per patch, but it has similar source flexibility to the tc
stuff
and will also send MIDI control messages to other units at the same time.
dpc