RE: looping software?

What would be fantastic is to find some software (I use a PC) that one
could load a number of samples into, then play them back in a
User-controlled order.  Ie. (since that doesn't even make sense to me) you
have 4 samples;  you start the program looping sample #1; this continues
until you tell the program to loop sample #2; it does this without a break
in the music/sound.  Ideally, the new loop/sample wouldn't necessarily
start until the end point of the previous loop/sample.  This would gear
the program more towards a performance-type result, although you wouldn't
be able to record loops live (they would be prerecorded samples).  If
there's software that does that, I would be very pleased.

                Jon Grant
                Tian Music
                www.aracnet.net/~tianmus