Re: Major Label Deals in danger of extinction? (no looping content)

I firmly believe that the internet is going to liberate us all.  At least
to a
certain extent.  It is now possible for one person to market one's product
the whole planet.

I think that soon, many rockstars are going to figure out that they don't
really
need their labels any more.  Does U2 (pick the band of your choice) need
Island
anymore? If they distributed their stuff mail order this seems likely:

1) they sell half as many.

2) they make four times as much profit per unit.

tdb

PS anybody read David Brin's 'Transparent Society'?  I've been saying the
same
thing for years......

Knew I should have written it down, damn it!