minidisk as loop documenter?

93

I have a problem. I can't afford a dat. My cassette
player, which I've been using as a loop documenter,
is right next to dead, and I've always been a bit
disappointed with the noise floor.

So, I've been considering getting the Sony Mini-disk
thingie for those mongo long 40+ minute loop
masterpieces. The question is, at $300 for the
mini-disk, would I actually get better (a relative
term if there ever was one!) sound quality from the
mini-disk than I would from a similarly priced
cassette deck? I'm going from a SansAmp PSA-1 to a
pair of DOD grey box cabinet emulators to a Mackie
1202 to the 2-track medium.

Private replies would be fine if this is likely to
start a flame war.

93

Rev. Doubt-Goat

===