Re: Suggestions, advice, help!

Hi Michael,

Here are a few suggestions off the top of my head:

1.  Market pressures vs. The original vision of the product and what
actually is produced.

2.  The trend toward "analog-like" interfaces (knobs and sliders that work
in real time) on digital gear.

3.  Product documentation.  Why do so many product manuals provide accurate
technical information about each function of a product, but no practical
suggestions on how to get the sound you have in your head out of it?

4.  Presets.  Why do so many musicians settle for the presets in digital
gear without ever learning how to create their own sounds?

5.  The retro trend.  Why design digital gear to sound like analog gear?
Why not make it sound completely different from analog gear?

6.  Does music technology automatically imply that hardware and software
will become obsolete?

I hope these help.

Mark Kata
Mark@asisoftware.com