Recordings

I swore I wasn't going to do this, but here goes nuffink'

Goldie: Saturnz Return (the 2CD new one recommended by dt - try the 60-min
long orchestral suite "Mother" for starters... then Bowie gets involved)

Photek: modus operandi (purist minimalist drum&bass - new one "form and
function" due soon/now)

projeKCt two: space groove (Q: what planet are these guys on? A: Zarg -
Music for Spaceports)

Rush: Test For Echo (a bit mainstream, but oh, those gtr textures)

Bill Frisell Band Live (eine Klein-e guitarklangfarbensloopentechnik)

Yello: Flag (1987? pull the other one, it's got bells on)

Bill Nelson: What Now, What Next (80-90 retrospective on DGM - his lack of
critical recognition is little short of criminal)

Squarepusher: Hard Normal Daddy (shocking drum&bass&fusion)

Markus Reuter: Taster (Warr Games in Bielefeld - what goes around, comes
around - excellent purist looping)

James: Whiplash

The Thought Industry Presents (Michigan ProgThrash?)

U.Srinivas & Michael Brook: Dream (sublime)

Enough about others: I bought a Korg DL8000R ten days ago, and I should
have
a review for the digest & site in a few more days. In the meantime, have a
look at http://www.korg.com/dl8000r.htm if you're curious...

Brian Thomson, London UK
bnt@ibm.net
bnt@email.com

'To ask "How are things?" of a professional musician is likely to invite an
answer which few would want to take on board. "Oh, thanks - things are
corrupt, avaricious, lying is common currency, but deceit by stealth is of
greater concern. How are you?"'
 -- Robert "Capt. Fribble" Fripp, September 1998