Re: Recordings

>I swore I wasn't going to do this, but here goes nuffink'
>
>Goldie: Saturnz Return (the 2CD new one recommended by dt - try the 60-min
>long orchestral suite "Mother" for starters... then Bowie gets involved)

I dunno, "Mother" struck me as pretty unbearable. Worse than the most
overblown prog-rock. THe 2nd disc is pretty terrific though.

>Photek: modus operandi (purist minimalist drum&bass - new one "form and
>function" due soon/now)

Form & Function is out, at least in the states, and it's really good. I
like it quite a bit more than Modus, F&F seems to be focussed more on pure
drum textures. Listening to Photek is, for me at least, like eavesdropping
on the internal conversations of an obsessive/compulsive.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra