Re: Geography...and San Diego

>> Well, I don't want to pile on the tooting of our own horns, but I'll be
>back
>> at Spruce Street on Feb 20 with a group led by SF Bay Area tubist Tom
>>Heasley
>> and featuring myself on guitars & loops and Bobby Bradford on cornet.
>>
>> Ken R
>
>Cool.  Then we'll actually have something to talk about this time.
>
>Just kidding!  I just have this habit of letting musicians have their
>space... after I show, I see them packing away their gear and I always
>think that they just want to go home, so I leave 'em alone...
>
>Paolo

Sometimes it's great to hang though. 17 years ago I went to go see Oregon
and after the show they were packing up and I started talking to Colin
Walcott, just casually, without wanting to bug him, and we ended up talking
for 45 minutes because he was so psyched to share his life and his ideas
about music (and his stories about being the only sitar player in NYC with
a union card,etc). After we finished I found out that he was the person
slated to drive the van from Boston to Baltimore immediately after they
loaded out. 2 years later he was killed in a van accident in Germany. I
will always treasure the fact that he took time out of his busy schedule to
hang out with me in the face of that huge drive. I have always tried to
pass that feeling along (although I am no Colin Walcott.).

Edwin

Edwin Hurwitz
Boulder CO
http://www.indra.com/~edwin