Re: To VLZ or not to VLZ! (OT)

>Sorry, but you guys are my favorite...I have outgrown my 1202 and am
>trying to decide on the 1604 models. Is there a considerable sound
>difference between the 2 and would it matter if a I were NOT doing
>"professional" recording? What about routing options of which I am more
>interested in. I'm assuming the non-VLZ has 4(6) aux sends. Is it worth
>the $. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>Dennis

I can't compare VLZ and non vlz, but I used a 1202VLZ for about two years
and then picked up a 1604VLZ. What is great about this mixer for looping
for me is that I have effects on the sends and my looping devices currently
two plexs and a jam man, but at other times three jammers and a Time
Machine on the subouts.
My effects are coming back into channel strips and then by the push of a
button I can sned anything, cleam siganls or effecte to the looping
devices. I can even feed the looping devices to one another.

Very very cool and mucho fun.

BTW we are opening for Daevid Allen in baltimore at the Orion Progressive
Rock Showcase on April 10th. Go to <
http://www.progrock.net/shows/showcase/ for more information.

Patrick