Re: Tabla; Was: Wave Drums

I got one at Guitar Shittr a while back, can't remember
which kind, but they were little metal discs (piezo
pickups can be a variety of sizes), and the larger
ones had much better bass response.  You can tape or
glue it to just about anything, so location is a personal
preference.  It's definitely *not* a way to get
an accuate recording of an acoustic instrument, but
can be lots o fun for playing around.  On a tabla
or bayan, I'd try taping it near the edge of the head.

Jim