Re: Digitech,DOD Series PDS,RDS

> I used a very early "digital" delay from Dod/Digitech.  I am almost sure
> that this unit had the name DOD on it.   I lost the unit in move and
>would
> like to replace it.   I also believe that it was manufactured in the
>early
> eighties(83,84).  I purchased it in 1984.  It was able to give chorus,
> flange, slapback, and delay.  The sound was incredible( probable anlalog
>-
> CCD devices).  It was a 19-inch rack unit.  It had three push-in knobs
>and a
> couple of pots.
> I think it was one the RDS or PDS series. Does anyone out there know
>where I
> could purchase another one of these units?

DOD (later Digitech0 made quite a few rack mount delay systems. The
early DOD ones were very simple with a few knobs for mixing dry/wet
signal, delay length and time, an LFO of sorts, and push buttons to set
preset delay time ranges (this is where you got the double, flange,
delay options). These then evolved into the "Time Machine" RDS systems
by digitech.

Digitech made at least three different series of time machines all with
the RDS line and the actualdelay times in the title.

ie: RDS960 was 960 millisenconds, RDS3.6 was 3.6 seconds, RDS8000 was 8
seconds long

All of these had the LFO, mix contorls and preset buttons but the later
versions also added a hold feature, trigger button, and quieter overall
performance. As far as i know all the models were digital delays; the
digitech RDS certainly was.

These show up all the time everywhere. If you can't find one locally in
a music store that sells used gear you can always find anumber of them
forsale on the web in newsgroups or at very least in stock at Daddy's
junky music
http://www.ugbm.com/group.shtml

look under rack effects.

They should range from $100-200 depending on the model and condition. I
adore my RDS 3.6.
 good luck!

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.