Re: Space Station, 2290 comments

Hi.

The string pad settings were more or less instantaneous in terms of
playing a note and hearing a sound.  To make it fade in, you would
use either the included volume pedal or your volume knob on your
instrument of choice.

To the best of my recollection, the sounds were as follows -
droning string pad settings, some had octave above and some
had octave below sounds mixed in with a short delay or echo
tail.  They all sounded pretty lush.

As far as depth of the ring mod - hard to say as I've never
had a ring modulation device before, but it sounded like the
ring mod effects I've heard on Terje Rypdal recordings.  You
could create quite a racket with it or be musical.

The reverse delays were particularly attractive.  Pretty smooth.
You could do the sort of Adrian Belew backwards guitar effect
with that setting.

I would suggest you get one of the folks who own one to review it
better than I could since I spent maybe 20 minutes with the one
in the store and there were a good 10 presets I listened to for
20 seconds before moving on, so all the subtle details are likely
being missed.

Sorry I wasn't of more help, but if you find one you have to try it.

Todd Madson
Musician, Mountain Biker, Stunt Kite Flyer, BeOS/MacOS/Linux/WinNt user.
http://www.waste.org/~crash/index.html