EDP Problem

Hi all-

I am having a serious recurring problem with my EDP that worries me-

Sometimes my loop will very slowly decay into a sound like "hissing in a
pipe"- no more loop, just the fuzzy hissing sound- awful
Feedback is 100% etc-
It takes 10 min or so but I can't understand why- it does not happen
every time-

I thought maybe it has to do with changing drum machine patterns during
the loop- my Dr-5 is in sync- I can't really think of anything else that
wouldn't be hardware or simply a defective unit-  Has anyone else
experienced this problem?
I can put the sound on my website if need be-

Your input is greatly appreciated-

Clifford