Re: [Re: backing solo performances]

Legion <legion@voicenet.com> wrote: the Orb make no
bones about the fact that they have a ton of multitracks onstage for all
the parts and "simply" mix and process the tracks "Live". In both cases
I've heard interesting and varied shows which went beyond kareoke type
sets. Again a few years ago I would have been disturbed but if done
right I see the benefit.

I have to agree with you here. I've seen Dr. Paterson Orbing live at the
fifth
annual Gathering. He moves like a poem behind the platters. His team were
pulling vinyl and slapping it to him like clockwork. It was a joy to watch,
and a double extra joy to hear and dance to. One piece started with an
eccentric loop of a busy signal, and slowly built into a sit-com about God
inside a teakettle inventing religion, and then scrapping that idea for
something even more absurd. The Orb albums can be tedious, but the live
show
is amazing. It's time for the definition of "musician" to expand.

P.S. I was NOT on drugs.

Dael T. Franke

http://webmail.netscape.com.