Re: Question of the Week -- when do you NOT loop?

Did you ever hear the album by the Algerian singer Rimiti
call "Sidi Mansaur"? It feature Robert Fripp, Flea, the
guitarist from the Dead Kennedys (forget his name), several
tabla players, Frank Zappa's brass section and various
Algerian instruments.
The title track starts as a very tight polyrhythmic pattern
with lots of tabla and heavy guitar chords but the playout
gradually fades into a Frippotronic soundscape backing the
singer

hmmm, think I'll listen to this before I go to the pub

some of the recent KC stuff uses similar devices but non
of it quite gets me like this piece

Jim Carter
on the way to the pub
somewhere near Bristol