Slightly on topic/synth modules with looping?

Hello loopfolk,
        I'm in the market for an inexpensive but decent synth/drum module
to use with my sequencer and incorporate into my looping and I thought I
would check and see if anyone knows anything about the Roland JV-1010 which
is available for a little over $400. It has 64 voice polyphony and lots of
drum and synth sounds and has room for one expansion board. If you know of
any other modules that are inexpensive but good (bang for the buck is
important!) that would be cool too. If this is too off topic please reply
privately.
Thanks in advance!
Ed