Re: Line6 DL4 group buy - Putting it together.

Travis Hartnett wrote:

> Well, actually it looks like it REALLY pays to quote "price of
>indeterminate
> origin" to your local store before the counter guys have had their first
>cup
> of coffee.

Evidently. I just wanted to point out this is not the norm least we have
ten more "How did you find that price?" posts that all go unanswered
like the last few have. So far no place has a standard price of less
than $200 from what I've seen and heard. Please post otherwise if you
know of a place that has a *regular* (not haggled) lower price.

> BTW, I truly appreciate the logic of appealing to "support your local
>music
> store" while setting up a national group buy AND suggesting that we use
> Radio Shack AC adaptors.

I think my point was clearly made (independent store VS Chain store) but
quite frankly I don't give a damn where people buy 'em. 8th st isn't the
best store in the world (Each saledude is different) but over the years
I've met some of the best salesdudes I've met in any store there and
these guys go the extra mile to take care of all their customers not
just the big spenders. Personally I think that kind of attention
deserves reward. Since we're putting together a multi purchase *someone*
has to find a place to buy them and rather than deal with the chains
that constanlty get ragged on for poor and ignorant support it just made
sense to me that we support a particular salesmen or team that has
developed a decent track record which makes things easier to buy as well
as helps them out a bit.

As for the adaptors that was answering a question someone had yesterday
which is very pertinent to ANY DL4 user as well as people buying and
paying shipping for a $20 adapter VS one they can find around the corner
from them.

Y'know I am trying to set this up for the list since there is so much
interest. What was all that community crap that someone wrote about the
past few days? If the best you can do is be a wiseass when somone's
going out of their way for nothing to help out the group perhaps you'd
feel more at home playing  with the ignorant sellers on Ebay than
following up on someone elses's efforts to get something done instead of
talking about it.

loop on.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.