Re: Bleargh

At or around 06:45 AM 12/31/99 -0600, Todd Madson wrote:

>Hey!  I just got the new musicians friend catalog - looks like that
>ZOOM multi FX is now $89.  Is this right?  Is that the one with the
>4 second delay.

You're thinking of the Zoom 508, I believe; Musician's Friend hasn't listed
it in their print catalog.

The 505 is the Multi-FX, which is what they're offering.  It's an
absolutely abysmal unit for anyone who has passed beyond "I am METAL GOD"
in their parent's home.   Delay maxes out at 350 ms, you don't have real
control over presets, it chops output signal substantially and does nasty
things to tone, and quite frankly, the included effects save the reverb
leave a lot to be desired even for the price.

The big killer is the fact that you're stuck with "variations on Zoom
themes", which means you can't tweak delay feedback or chorus settings or
anything that you're likely used to at all.

I suppose one is better than nothing, but when you can track down old Boss
ME-6 and ME-8s for less than $150, why buy something that doesn't let you
really tweak or sound great?

==
the Reverend Rob      ICQ: 1280871          Yahoo: theReverendRob
http://www.realm-of-shade.com .`. .`. .`. .`. http://www.qblh.com
"I prefer not to kill people, but I'd like to destroy as much
 property as possible." - Grace Slick, from the Airplane FBI file
http://www.realm-of-shade.com/music : feedback and echo MP3s