Re: beginner guitar synth questions

GTR SYNTH info:

at least in the ROLAND corner...

look for  a used GR1..

thats  the last great TWEEKABLE-on-the-fly roland synth

the gr9? & gr 30 sound great..more menu driven and no 'patch names'

another way to go is the GI-10--1/2space  midi converter..then you can
patch into ANY synth uwant

there's also AXON, yamaha, casio etc for other systems..sweep thru
ebay.com...digibid.com..roguemusic.com

andre'

At 09:00 PM 02/13/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey gang, I've been bitten by the guitar-synth bug and am in the process
>of
>reviewing my finances to see if I can afford to get into it soon.
>Question:
>I'm not primarily interested in using it to emulate other instruments
>(although that will be nice), but I am very much into creating new sounds
>on
>my PC and storing them as patches on the synth unit so I can use them on
>the
>fly.  Does a basic device like the Roland GR-30 let you do this, or do I
>need to look into something a little more sophisticated?
>
>Also, is it the box or the pickup that's responsible for the quality of
>the
>tracking?  Is the GK-2A the only pickup I'll need to look at?
>
>Thanks.
>

>Peter
>

>R.I.P. Charles M Schultz

NEXT GIG: Jfk's Lsd Ufo .......Fri FEB 18- 8pm - Knitting Factory -
Knitactive Soundstage
74 Leonard St - NYC - 212-219-3006- http://www.knittingfactory.com-
webcast!!??

ZAPPA Tribute--Project Object with IKE WILLIS
March /April 2000 tourdates at  http://www.projectobject.com

*NEW* CD out - Alien Concepts by Jfk's Lsd Ufo  http://www.ufomusic.com

Monica Lewinsky... (on CNN's Larry King Live discussing her miraculous
Jenny Craig weight loss):  "I've learned not to put things in my mouth that
are bad for me"