Re: beginner guitar synth questions

In a message dated 2/13/00 10:03:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kflint@annihilist.com writes:

<< those things matter, but ultimately midi is not designed for guitar
synth
 and that is the bottleneck. There is no hope, all midi guitars suck. :-)

I would have to disagree. I have been using git-synths since they came out.
in the past tracking was horrindous BUT now we have "stnth-ready guitars"
IE:
parkers etc..... i own a Godin (Canadian based Co.) which has (as do the
Parkers ) a built-in roland p/u mounted AS/under the bridge . this
increased
the tracking rate by a very very noticable ammount (i also have a 69 strat
w/
a Roland p/u ATTACHED --not near the tracking ability---)
Also it is not the guitar synth that has tracking "problems" a guitar
s/p/u
wnts to hear a clean pick and i mean clean IE: Mr Fripp. so you may want
try to work on your techniqe a little/lot :-)
I play one way w/out the git synth running and try the above refined
picking
technique when using a synth.
Finnally , i dont use MANY tone modules BUT i have found my Godin works
great
with the Yamaha JV1080 and 2080 Tone modules
don't give up.

Carl Snow
Moss Hill REC>