Midi question.....??????

Bonus prize to who ever can simplfy these sytems..... i am trying to hook
up
a DJX to a Su700 through the Midi system.... I realize that the system
probably needs changes in the Su700 in the input slot... but i have try to
manipulate the Midi system on the Su and to avail.... there are three
parameters to flip through but still the book pisses me off, and to get a
different versioin would seriously help the mental cavity of what i am
looking for.   The book is really pissing me off.  Also the averigatroron
on
the Djx... i cant seem to change the default of the bounce and if any
additional suggestions arise... i know.... yamaha needs to work on there
customer serivce.... please.... special cookie from the monster who
does....
ZJW