Re: Loop friendly places to play

>>> "Jonathan El-Bizri" <jonathan@full-moon.com> 04/06 2:10 PM >>>
I'd like to put together a list of loop and improv friendly places to
play in the SF bay area. Does anyone one have any good
suggestions/experiences? bIz

Hi Biz...

These two URL's combined lead you to a variety of other resources
which might uncover places you're not familiar with yet. While not
necessarily loop oriented, they lean towards real-time improv and
beyond. Neither of these address the South Bay or Santa Cruz area...

Bay Improviser
http://www.bayimproviser.com/default.htm

Bay Area Creative Music Calendar...
http://www.slip.net/~wedge/gigs.html#start

It's interesting that when I run across a list of "creative" music
venues... SF usually leads the pack in quantity... until you realize
that 60% of the listed places have either quit hosting players or gone
belly up. Sad but true.

Best,
-Miko