Re: RE: Free Music

Lars Ulricht said in interview with Dave Eichenberger...
> "We take our craft -- whether it be the music, the lyrics, or the
photos and artwork very seriously, as do most artists," "It is
therefore sickening to know that our art is being traded like a
commodity rather than the art that it is."

This from one of the largest COMMODITIES available in the record
industry... although ya gotta respect their hard work...

I tend to feel that it's going to promote music to more people than
hurt them... The biggies might find a dent in their wallets... I agree
with Larry that with download time, fidelity, and available players,
that Napster is sort of like a listening station at a record store.
Great to get a feel for the artist, but getting the cd gets you the
real deal with art, packaging and hi-fi...

> oh my, maybe this is the end of the music industry as we know it.

One can hope... the INDUSTRY totally sucks wind...

-Miko