Re: EDP undo button

Dennis:

>Here's an idea for another way that UNDO could work (I'm sure you've
>thought of MANY ways):
>
>Rather than building a lot of intelligence into UNDO and making it
>controlled by
>where the loop is, how about making it controlled purely by button
>pushes?  For
>example, you "open" an overdub by pressing OVERDUB, add stuff to the
>loop, and
>"close" the OVERDUB (probably by pressing OVERDUB again).  Now, UNDO
>undoes the
>entire OVERDUB session, regardless of how many times the loop went
>around while
>you were overdubbing.  Easy to explain and easy to predict what's going to
>happen when you hit UNDO.  Perhaps this could be an optional UNDO mode?

That would be a nice additional mode (impossible in the actual soft
structure). But I still want the old one because pretty often I leave
a big part of an overdub and just chop off the last wrong note when
the loop is back there.

In order not to destroy the timing undo obviously needs to jump back
entire loops. But Overdubs can be of any lenght, you can have two in
one loop length. So your way probably would again create some
confusion for the user...

Thanks for the contribution, we will get there!
Matthias

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org