Re: Looping Therapy

Janeal Hoffman, I believe is her name is a music therapist...she created a
special CD for use with high blood pressure....It goes to 55 BPM I
believe.
It is called Deep Daydreams....I have seen it work well.  she explained
the
idea of entrainment to us...and gave a documented clinical example.....In
preemie ward they noticed that babies with irregular or slower heart beats
were exposed to  tones at BPM consistent with healthy heartbeats began to
achieve those rhythms. the CD was her creation...It was not necessarily
the
tones...but the BPM..but the tones she uses are soothing....and they have
seamless loop quality to them...I gave a tape of the music to a client
that
was have high blood pressure exacerbated by worry and also at least one
child
in the family who was ADHD and I mean the real thing.....there was a side
benefit....the kid slowed down as well......all other extraneous stimulus
was
removed,,,,TV, radio etc....it had a very calming effect..... I know that
sometimes when I get into a looping groove and start to layer the whole
effect  seems to create a trance state.. time just suspends itself and
most
often I feel better and somewhat gratified.  I often will use wireless
headphones and do things in the garden or around the house while
listening....it also seems to feed creativity,,,,I will later sit
down...write a guitar tune or flute melody and something new comes out of
the
blue.....but there is some vague recollection of its genesis originating
from
a looping exercise.  About those babies.....future loopers?