Re: Looper or multitrack?:

>Its very interesting, I don't seem to be able to record my looping
>experiments
>very successfully at all.  As soon as I hit record and think of the loops
>in
>terms of 'recordings' I get really hung up about changing them and
>recording any
>'errors' or 'flaws' and so I get really flustered.  Now when I'm
>just looping, I
>can play for hours and let it all flow and thoroughly enjoy it, but
>something
>about pressing record on a non looping device and it changes
>everything for me.
>
>I find this very odd.

not so much :-)
But I think its learnable:
I am sure you get used if you record everything you play. Then you
listen back to it or not and record over it the next day.

the other side:
I used to loose the best bits. It still happens, sometimes. Some
stupid bad contact or wrong button press exactly when... its as if we
dont get the copyright for everything that comes to us :-)
Reminds of the drinkers here that pour the first sip on the ground:
"for the saints".

the work:
I spend a lot of time editing my recordings, maybe too much. But it
was interesting: I used to listen to a recording a few times or trash
it soon because it was "not my day". After some months I go through
the tapes again (what a pile!) and immediately hear what is strong (I
still remember) and what just a technical fill in. And often the
strong parts fit together, as if the real inspiration was one
complete chain of ideas, interrupted by some useless "detours".

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org