Re: Looper or multitrack?:

> 93
>
> rich wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps this wanders off topic, and i don't mean to imply any person in
> > particular, but i've noticed that alot of musicians (especially
>loopers,
> > perhaps?) are somewhat frightened by the aspect of 'documenting' their
> > music in a tangible form.  As long as it's in the ether, all is well.
Try
> > to actually record it, and some folks get all nervous and concerned
about
> > 'fixing' it.
>
> It's alot like the attitude of some jazzers. The improvizational aspect
> of many folks looping is quite dear to them, and 'fixing' it to tape is
> like trying to capture the wind. Regardless, I tape my loop
> improvizations frequently to document them.
>
> 93
> Rev. Doubt-Goat

I'm usually too lazy to record any particularly cool loops I come up with.
Instead, I'll sometimes write down what I did (what combination of effect
patches, delay settings, etc) and try to recreate it later.  Very often,
the
attempt at repeating what I did before results in something even better (or
sometimes just weirder).

Peter