Re: The rock virtuoso

>At or around 03:58 AM 6/5/00 -0300, Matthias Grob wrote:
>
>>There might be many many colegues who bought a cool looper box
>>because they do cool rock and roll in the trio and when soloing need
>  >a machine that plays the harmonies like Hendrix did not have.

Rob answered:
>In such an instance, a simple 'sample and hold' generally works just fine,
>which is why I still run into many a rock musician using the ubiquitous
>1-second sample on a Boss floor pedal or something.

no, for the kind of use I thought of, you need at least 4 seconds,
rather 30: a whole chord change turn arround. So it is a reason to
buy an EDP for example.

>  >This is just to remind that usualy the majority does not appear and
>>the minority AND the majority think that this appearing minority is
>>the majority and the real majority is a unimportant minority...
>>
>>How is it in our case?
>
>In our case here, I have to wonder whether there's a majority of EDP users
>in the community, or simply those who have them post more due to the
>presence of tech support and whatnot for the units?

ok, I have been posting a lot, lately, so I may be the biggest
distorter of this picture. Soon I'll unsubscribe for a while...

We may also wonder about those crazy and sometimes genious musicians
that live traveling and playing only and neither Email nor Sync fits
into their way of living...

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org