Re: EDP LED switcheroo

Hi Laurie-

At 9:21 PM -0700 6/7/00, Laurie Hatch wrote:
>EDP gurus, I've got a tech question:
>
>During a performance last weekend, a malfunction caused my Overdub LED to
>light green when Overdub was engaged, red when it was not -- just reversed
>from what they normally are.  You can imagine the confusion and bizarro
>loops that did (and did not :) evolve before my trusty sound guy (and EDP
>user) Gary Hull and I figured it out.  Pretty trippy.
>
>Gary deduced that it was an eprom software glitch, and suggested a hard
>reset which indeed restored normal function.  Yeahhhhh...sigh of relief.
>The question remains: are there identifiable factors that might have
>caused
>it??

I don't think it's anything dramatic. sounds to me like you accidentally
switched the Loop/Delay parameter to "delay". In that mode, the overdub
button acts like a hold button on a delay. When it is green, the delay line
is open, and audio at the input goes into the delay and gets added to your
loop. when you press overdub (or hold now), audio is not input anymore, and
the feedback is set to 100%. It would be easy to confuse this with the
Overdub function doing a switcheroo if you didn't realize you were in delay
mode.....

>Now I'll always wonder, is green REALLY green?  Is red REALLY red?  And
>what
>IS the nature of the Universe?  That's some heavy-duty stuff to be
>pondering
>when merely hitting the Overdub button... :)

wow, one can only imagine what Undo must be like for you. :-)

>All that being said, this box is totally outrageous.  Big-time, ongoing
>thanks for all the thrills, Matthias and Kim!

glad you are enjoying it!

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |